New Commercial Clients

If your commercial company resides in the Northwest Territories and you have a vehicle or combination (truck and trailer) that weighs more than 4,500 kgs, please complete the Application for National Safety Code Certification and forward to Staff will contact you with further information. 

If you are a commercial carrier from outside the Northwest Territories and have not been permitted here before, please email with the following information: 

  • A copy of your company registration from your home jurisdiction
  • A copy of your insurance card or policy. For companies hauling Dangerous Goods, you must have at least a $2,000,000 liability.
  • A copy of your National Safety Code (NSC) Certificate from your home jurisdictions.
  • The name, telephone number, and email address of the company CEO/Owner/Director.

Please indicate that you are a looking to purchase permits for travel on Northwest Territories Highways and need to create a company profile. Once your documents are reviewed, an online profile will be created for your company and you will receive further information to help you navigate the website. 

Please note, companies must purchase their registration permits and single trip permit before entering the Northwest Territories. Failure to get the proper permits may result in fines and delays. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the scales. You may also email us at